Groups Benefiting from 2010 City Transit Fare Assistance Program Announced (January 21, 2010)
Fredericton, NB – Twenty-two community social groups have been accepted for participation in the City of Fredericton’s Transit Fare Assistance Program for 2010.
City Council is very pleased to continue this successful program for another year. It recognizes there is a need to do what we can to ensure everyone in our community has the opportunity to make a better life for themselves and the Transit Fare Assistance Plan supports their efforts.
The program is designed to provide additional support to community groups by giving them City Transit and Dial-A- Bus tickets to distribute to their clients so they can get to medical appointments, access education and training, seek employment or visit service providers.
All participating groups must demonstrate sound management and accountability for all tickets they receive by submitting Ticket Usage Records to the City each month.
Five new agencies have joined the popular program for 2010. They are: Bridges of Canada Inc; the New Brunswick Association of Community Living; CHIMO Helpline Inc; the Doone St-Wilson Row Tenants Association; and AIDS New Brunswick Inc. Two other agencies who participated in 2009 are not participating in 2010. All 22 particpants will receive a share of the 5,350 regular, single-ride tickets and 250 Dial-A-Bus tickets donated annually to the program by the City.
Following is a list of successful applicants:
· Bridges of Canada Inc.
· The NB Association of Community Living
· CHIMO Helpline Inc.
· Doone St-Wilson Row Tenants Association
· AIDS New Brunswick Inc.
· Fredericton Native Friendship Centre (Back from 2007)
· The Salvation Army
· Christ Church Cathedral Outreach Committee
· The John Howard Society
· Multicultural Association
· Women in Transition House Inc.
· Jobs Unlimited
· Canadian Deafblind Association
· Fredericton Homeless Shelters Inc.
· The Meeting Place Church – Street Level Ministry
· Canadian Paraplegic Association
· Youth in Transition
· Fredericton Community Services (Food Bank)
· Community Health Clinic
· Fredericton Boys & Girls Club Inc.
· Canadian Mental Health Association
· The New Brunswick Community Residences Inc.